Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Make "Joy" an "Automatic" Habit‏

from Dan Robey, at

http://www.thepowerofpositivehabits.com


"Here is another habit you will love because it
brings joy and happiness into your life...automatically.

Here is how it works.

We all have activities that we engage in
that bring us joy and happiness. It could be a craft like
woodworking, or sewing, or a hobby, a recreational
activity or sport. We all enjoy some type of leisure activity
that brings us joy.

Here is an example:

In my life, one activity that brings real joy and
happiness to my life is boating. I live in Miami and I love
to go out in the ocean in my boat. I love seeing the vast expanse
of the ocean, the beautiful blue green waters, it makes
me feel close to nature. I love taking my family and friends
out in my boat, it makes me happy to see the smiles
on their faces as they enjoy the great outdoors.

The problem is that I can only go boating when the weather is
good, and when I have time off from work. How can I
enjoy boating without actually going out in my boat?

One way is to subscribe to magazines about boating, fishing,
and the outdoors. These magazines are automatically delivered
to my door every month, they contain beautiful pictures of
the ocean and boats. They also contain reviews of boating
equipment, maps of places to go, and stories about boating
adventures.

As I read these magazines and look at the pictures, they make
me feel great. They bring joy to my life because they take
me out in the ocean...even if only in my mind.

You can do the same thing. No matter what your hobby
or recreational interest is, I can bet you that there is
a magazine that covers it. There are magazines that cover sports,
fitness, health, hobbies, recreation, lifestyles...you name it.

The beauty of magazines is that unlike the internet, they are
delivered to your door through the mail automatically. They are
physical objects that you can hold in your hand and look at, and
they are very inexpensive. They provide information and images that
can bring joy to your heart...automatically.

Go to your local bookstore and browse thru the magazine section.
Look for magazines that will make you happy in the same way that
the boating magazines make me happy.

Subscribe to them and enjoy them as they come to your home every
month.

The best part about this habit is that when the magazine arrives at
your door and you read it, you will smile....and think of me!"

No comments: